6 Benefits to Blinds
Looking to get some new window coverings? Here are six reasons you may want to choose blinds.
- They're affordable. Custom-made 2" (5 cm) faux wood blinds are often cheaper than custom-made drapes.
- They come in many different styles. Blinds are available in many colours, shades, tints, textures, and fabrics to match almost any decorating taste.
- They offer privacy and lighting control. Roller blinds offer a range of privacy. For example with a duette blind (blind/sheer) you can have the sheer hanging during the day allowing the light in and the drapery hanging at night allowing complete privacy. This blind is multi-functional while having a stream-lined look.
- They have the ability to block UV light. Blinds block damaging UV rays from entering your home, which is very important to help protect your furniture.
- They're energy efficient. Blinds create an extra layer of insulation, which reduces unwanted heat in the summer, and helps retain heat in the winter. This helps to save on energy costs and reduces carbon dioxide emissions.
- They have optional child-safety features. Many child-safety features are available for blinds including cordless operation, retractable cords, and breakaway cord stops.
This is a just a short list of the benefits for the many blind options available. Each type of blind has its own advantages, so speak to your local store to find out the best type of blind for your needs.
I like that having blinds helps offer privacy and lighting control. That is a great way to decide for yourself how much light you would like coming into your home. When I bought my newest set of blinds, I had the intention of just adding them to create my decoration. They also help bring the light into the room in a way that makes the room much more homely.
I like that blinds are energy efficient. I like to save as much money as I can around the home and I think blinds really help with that. They can keep all of the hot sun rays from shining through and heating the home. That way I don't have to run the AC so much!
I like your idea on how blinds are about to block damaging UV light. I would imagine that you would want to find a blind that is thick enough to block these harmful lights. We are looking to find blinds for our newborn's room so we'll have to be sure they are UV protective.
I like that you point out that blinds offer privacy and lighting. My wife and I are wanting to remodel our room. I'll have to keep this in mind when it comes to the windows.
It's great that this article mentions how blinds allow you to control the amount of light that is let in and also provides privacy. This could be important to ensure your home is at a comfortable brightness so you can see everything. When choosing blinds, you'd probably want to consider what features you want it to have, such as the size and adjustability, so that it'll provide you with the benefits and control that you want.
I have a playful 5-year-old nephew who just won't stop running around and grabbing things. So I think blinds with child-safety features would really be helpful in our home! I appreciate you posting this, I'll definitely consider your opinion. Thanks!
I hadn't thought about how blinds can keep out UV rays, so your furniture doesn't look washed out. I have been looking for ways to decorate my new home. I can see how it would be nice to add in some blinds. That way I won't have to worry about paying for new furniture in the future.