Cutting Open a Buttonhole
Ever try to cut open a buttonhole with a small pair of scissors or even a stitch ripper? While this works for some people, a buttonhole opener is the best tool for the job. Here are the steps to cutting open buttonholes with this tool.
- Stack of Old Magazines
- Buttonhole Opener/Cutter
- Place a stack of old magazine underneath your project.
- Line up the blade with the centre of the buttonhole making sure to stay away from the stitching.
- Give it a couple taps with a hammer until the blade has gone through all the layers of fabric.
- Move your buttonhole opener over to the uncut section and tap again with the hammer.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until your entire buttonhole is open.
- Follow steps 2 to 5 for any other buttonholes you need to open.